Printing, scanning, copying from the pharos print system
Last Updated: Jun 22, 2017
You should ensure that the version of your Mac operating system is compatible with this software.
To find out what version of OS X your Mac is running:
From the Apple menu , choose About This Mac. The version number appears beneath “macOS” or “OS X.”
Please note: You will need to install, at your own risk, some software on your computer by following the instructions below.
IALS will not accept any responsibility for the malfunctioning of any computer equipment or software, loss of data or other damage. Please see our Conditions of Use page for more information.
You will need administrator rights to install software on your computer.
Download Mac Print Software
Windows users click here
You need to be running Mac OS X version 10.6 or later in order to use this software. See left-hand menu for help with this.
Install the software
- Open your Downloads folder and double-click a file called ials-mac-package.dmg
- Then double-click a file called Popup.pkg
- Click Continue twice
- Click Install
- Enter your admin password if necessary
- When installation is successful, click Close
You will now be able to print to the printers at IALS. You will need to be connected to the internet and need to select the printer 'IALS-public' when sending the print job.
Enable double-sided printing
- Open System Preferences
- Then open Print & Scan and select the ials-public printer from the left menu
- Click Options & Supplies
- Click Options
- Ensure Duplex Printing Unit box is ticked
- Click OK and close Print & Scan window
To print double-sided from Word
- After you click print, click Copies & Pages
- Then click Layout
- Choose Two-Sided: options as necessary
If you need any help with any of this please see a member of staff at the Issue & Enquiry Desk.